This easter long weekend I decided to have an Easter Tea Party to celebrate. It was the perfect morning tea to begin the day with close friends and family.
Carrot Cake Cupcakes are the perfect size to enjoy the carrot-cinnamon flavour, without feeling ill off a massive piece of cake. I do my Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing (because it really is the tastiest), but they are also delicious with cream cheese icing ← I’ll link my go-to recipe.
I decorated the cupcakes with edible mini wafer flowers (which you can buy at most supermarkets) and complemented the cupcakes with warmed hot cross buns, choccy eggs and Earl Grey Tea. Delicious!
Recipe (makes 6)
You will need:
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 grated large carrot or 1 grated medium carrot
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180˚C, line a cupcake baking tin with patty pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and stir.
- Slowly mix in carrot and oil
- Beat egg in separate bowl and then mix in with all ingredients
- Pour mixture in patty pans (about 2/3 full)
- Bake for 18 minutes
Then enjoy!! Happy Easter everybody, hope you have a lovely weekend whether you celebrate it or not 🙂