Protein balls are a fantastic, filling, healthy snack. Just try not to eat all of them on one go (they are very moreish).
I use coconut oil because it much more filling compared to lots of other cooking oils, and also helps stick them together. Alternatively you could mix up the flavours and use peanut butter instead.
Each ball has about 205 calories and is dense with healthy fats and protein to make it the perfect snack.
My recipe makes 5. You will need:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 50g sultanas
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all dry ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth
- Put peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute
- Pour peanut butter/coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 5 little protein balls
- Place in fridge for an hour
Let me know if you try the recipe out!