Acai Bowls have been a craze in Sydney for a while now, with so many acai-focused places popping up that I have compiled a mental list of spots for the best bowls in the city; check out Bare Naked Bowls, The Fruitologist and Coco Bliss.
Every now and again (usually when my bank balance is looking sheepish) I make a cheap, easy, TASTY, acai bowl at home. Below is my updated recipe, but check out different acai bowls in my previous posts.
The ingredients are inexpensive and can be picked up at your local Supermarket, except for the actual acai powder. Every brand seems to want to charge exorbitant prices for a tiny bag of acai.
For my recipe you will need:
- 1 x Creative Gourmet Organic Acai Puree pack OR 1 tbsp Tropeaka acai powder.
- 20g Smooth Peanut Butter (Mayvers is my favourite)
- 50g frozen strawberries
- 50g frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water or more as needed
- 1 medium banana
- Dried Chia seeds
- Shredded Coconut
Approximately 340 calories. Time: 10 minutes
- Blend the acai, water and frozen berries until thick smoothie consistency is formed.
- Pour blended mixture into a bowl.
- Chop up the banana and place on top, and drizzle with peanut butter. Sprinkle the chia seeds and shredded coconut on top (tasty added health benefits).
Mmmm! xx Have you made acai bowls before?