Okay so yes this is your usual Salted Caramel cookie recipe, however, for a sprinkle of Christmassy festivity I added cinnamon, nutmeg and rich dark chocolate to the dough.
Read on if you’re interested in my simple, yet divinely tasty XMAS Caramel cookies. Or better; create them yourself in 20 minutes.
Gather the following:
- Chocolate Chips (I love Doorstep Organics Dark Chocolate Drops Chips)
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1.5 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (I use Natvia No Sugar Caramel Sauce)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- Sprinkle of salt
- Mix all the ingredients (except chocolate chips) together, until you form a cookie dough. You can add almond milk gradually if the mixture is too flour-y.
2. Use a rolling pin to knead the dough out on top of an acrylic/plastic/stone surface.
3. Here’s where it got a little more complicated. I’m currently experiencing an Australian summer, so naturally the sun was beating down at 30˚C, which made all my cookie dough melt and stick to my hands. So, I wrapped it in cling wrap and popped it in the freezer for 5 mins to make it think it was in Antarctica.
4. Cut little shapes out with the cookie cutter.
5. As the cookie cutter will make the raw cookies a lot thinner and smaller than Betty Crocker recommends for cookie sizing, you only have to place them in the oven for 8 minutes at 180˚C (350˚F), so they don’t burn.
The perfect Christmas treat. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “XMAS Healthy Salted Caramel Cookies”
Love the sound of these and they look great. Nothing wrong with a shortcut in my books!!🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! I love when baking can be simple and still yum 🙂 Thanks for stopping by xx