This Easter long weekend I decided to have an Easter Tea Party to celebrate. It was the perfect morning tea to begin the day with family.
I’ve always loved carrot cake, but I thought Carrot Cake Cupcakes are the perfect bite size to still enjoy the carroty-cinnamony flavour.
It’s a well-known wives tale that carrots improve eyesight. Whilst incorporating carrots into your diet won’t give you 20/20 vision, they do have vitamin K1, potassium and antioxidants which improve eye health. Cinnamon is a fantastic spice for flavour, but it also has anti-inflammatory properties which boost immune!
I iced these cupcakes with Betty Crocker Vanilla Icing (because it reminds me of my childhood), but they are also delicious with cream cheese icing ← my go-to recipe.
I decorated the cupcakes with edible mini wafer flowers and served them with warmed hot cross buns, chocolate mini easter eggs and French Earl Grey Tea. Delicious!
Recipe (makes 6)
You will need:
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar (or maple syrup for a less processed sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 grated large carrot or 1 grated medium carrot
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 180˚C, line a cupcake baking tin with patty pans.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and stir.
- Slowly mix in carrot and oil
- Beat egg in a separate bowl and then mix in with all ingredients
- Pour mixture in patty pans (about 2/3 full)
- Bake for 18 minutes
Then enjoy!! Happy Easter!