Despite being flat out with uni exams at the moment, this Sunday I’m going to share the easy recipe I use for my cocoa protein balls. Unfortunately, my phone camera doesn’t do them justice – they look more like dung balls here – but trust me, they are delicious.
Protein balls are fantastic as a filling, healthy snack. Just try not to go crazy on them (they are very moreish). I use coconut oil because it much more filling compared to lots of other cooking oils, and seems to help stick them together.
Each ball has about 205 calories and is dense with healthy fats and protein to make it the perfect snack.
My recipe makes 5. You will need:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 50g sultanas
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all dry ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth
- Put peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute
- Pour peanut butter/coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 5 little protein balls
- Place in fridge for an hour
Let me know if you try the recipe out!