Protein balls are a fantastic, filling, healthy snack. Just try not to eat all of them on one go (they are very moreish).
I use coconut oil because it much more filling compared to lots of other cooking oils, and also helps stick them together. Alternatively you could mix up the flavours and use peanut butter instead.
Each ball has about 205 calories and is dense with healthy fats and protein to make it the perfect snack.
My recipe makes 5. You will need:
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 50g sultanas
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Put all dry ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth
- Put peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute
- Pour peanut butter/coconut oil mixture into dry ingredients and mix with spoon.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 5 little protein balls
- Place in fridge for an hour
Let me know if you try the recipe out!
I’m not a vegan, and definitely not a raw vegan, but I’ve recently wanted to educate myself on the diet by trying out some recipes.
Yes that’s no animal products, by-products, and nothing can be cooked. Check out YouTuber Kate Flower’s who follows the raw vegan diet, and provides lots of insight into the lifestyle.
I decided to challenge myself to create a raw vegan ‘cheese’ cake recipe. I took inspiration from Choosing Chia‘s recipe and The Loopy Whisk’s post, to guide me and make sure they weren’t a complete flop.
What’s important in this recipe is the fruit! Add more berries to the topping for more flavour.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup white quinoa
- Slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 heaped teaspoons coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Half tablespoon maple syrup
- blueberries for topping
- raspberries for topping
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes
- Line cupcake tray with casings
- Drain dates
- Put dates and cashews in blender and blend until a paste forms.
- Press paste into bottom of cupcake casings and put in fridge
- Blend white quinoa, juice of the lemon, coconut oil, yogurt, coconut milk until smooth and creamy
- Empty mix into a bowl
- Mix in vanilla extract (more can be added depending on desired taste)
- Pour mixture into cupcake casings on top of base.
- Place raspberries and blueberries on top of cakes
- Place in freezer for 4 hours