Christmas is coming… which means lots of delectable choccy recipes are also coming to this blog. Check out my favourite hot chocolate recipe (for a late night treat) below – only around 100-150 calories depending on what you use…
Christmas is the time to indulge in all your favourites, but there are healthy substitutes for every dessert, that still taste just as good.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp cacao
- 1.5 cups plain almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp maple syrup *depending how sweet you like it aka don’t hold back*
- Mint leaves
- Chopped up Double d Sugar Free Marshmallows
- Add cacao, milks, vanilla essence cinnamons and maple syrup to a pot and bring to a simmer
- Pinch the mint leaves until limp and throw in top of pot
- Stir all ingredients until smooth and well combined (2-3 minutes)
- Take mint leaves out of the top of the drink and discard (or leave in for something extra on top
- Garnish with chopped healthy marshmallows
Let me know if you try it out! Enjoy!