I’m not a vegan, and definitely not a raw vegan, but I’ve recently wanted to educate myself on the diet by trying out some recipes.
Yes that’s no animal products, by-products, and nothing can be cooked. Check out YouTuber Kate Flower’s who follows the raw vegan diet, and provides lots of insight into the lifestyle.
I decided to challenge myself to create a raw vegan ‘cheese’ cake recipe. I took inspiration from Choosing Chia‘s recipe and The Loopy Whisk’s post, to guide me and make sure they weren’t a complete flop.
What’s important in this recipe is the fruit! Add more berries to the topping for more flavour.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates
- 3/4 cup white quinoa
- Slice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 6 heaped teaspoons coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Half tablespoon maple syrup
- blueberries for topping
- raspberries for topping
- Soak dates in boiling water for 15 minutes
- Line cupcake tray with casings
- Drain dates
- Put dates and cashews in blender and blend until a paste forms.
- Press paste into bottom of cupcake casings and put in fridge
- Blend white quinoa, juice of the lemon, coconut oil, yogurt, coconut milk until smooth and creamy
- Empty mix into a bowl
- Mix in vanilla extract (more can be added depending on desired taste)
- Pour mixture into cupcake casings on top of base.
- Place raspberries and blueberries on top of cakes
- Place in freezer for 4 hours