Mmm a smoothie is the perfect breakfast when you wake up on a hot day.
A lot can go into a smoothie (and sometimes I do go a bit overboard), so it’s important to fill them with beneficial ingredients. Sometimes I can go a bit overboard on the cacao powder and peanut butter that the smoothie isn’t as nutritious as I had hoped (still healthy relative to a thick shake).
Below is my recipe for a quick, healthy and FILLING smoothie for breakfast. This thing keeps me full until lunch, and I’ve made sure I packed it full of ingredients with wonderful health benefits.
It’s the perfect smoothie if you’ve had an indulgent week (or perhaps a big night) and you want to boost your system with beneficial vitamins and minerals.
You will need:
- 1 cup spinach – high in protein, fibre, vitamins.
- 1 tsp turmeric – contains curcumin which increases your immune.
- 1/4 cup almond milk – rich in protein and calcium.
- 1/2 cup blueberries – antioxidants combat ageing and boost cognition.
- 1/2 cup strawberries – source of manganese and potassium.
- 1/2 banana – great for your daily intake of vitamin B6 and B12, as well as magnesium and potassium.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds – loaded with nutrients for hardly any calories.
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt – makes you feel full and has great probiotics (The Wise Bunny has great Dairy alternatives)
If you have any good smoothie recipes please share them with me! I’d love to try them.